Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spicy, Sleepy and Wiggly.



 I just completed this art for Ranger Rick magazine last week. It's a riddle! Can you guess what the answer is?  I bet you can! I had to have Mexican food after I drew this. If you look at it too long, you will have to eat Mexican too.  I'm not sure, but I think that wolves are not allowed to have Dos Equis. Too bad.





"let's have breakfast!"
  This is part of an illustration for a rebus page for Highlights which I altered a bit after the fact. The background had to be light in the original piece to accommodate text and spot art.  It was satisfying to add the shadow afterwards since it is dawn. The cat sits on the boy's feet, chest or knees to wake him up.  Irritating and cute at the same time.




A friendly snake to help a baby do yoga in High Five magazine. I decided it also looked like an emblem for yoga gear. A t-shirt design, perhaps, for kundalini kids. Inspired by an albino burmese python I once met named Sponge Bob.  Someone said he needs a fez! I think a baby rattle too.....
All of these assignments were completed in the last four weeks,  along with some personal work which I hope to show soon.

No comments: